Wednesday 3 September 2014

DAWN


Dark was the night and the silence was eerie,
 The hands of clock crawls to three in the morn.
The stars are twinkling in the dark firmament outside,
Only half have disappeared in the silence of the night.

The cold outside was crisp and I sat covered in gooseflesh,
The western skyline barely visible with a blanket of darkness,
But, in eastern sky a hazy light creeps and spread reluctantly,
And It’s a sign of the dawn dawning of a brand new day.

Crow of a rooster broke the silence of the night,
And from a distance another responds longer than the first.
The rest began crowing and the first light in the village began burning,
It’s a wake-up call that the dawn is here for those still in hibernation.

The light in the eastern horizon infiltrated the darkness,
And stars began disappearing en mass from the cosmic skyline.
The warmth of the blanket was ever enticing for the battered body,
But there is no time to sleep for the peasant’s day has begun in earnest.



Phew, it was a busy week starting from maniac Monday. I had obligations everywhere and as old habits seldom die, it holds so true with me. Try how many times; I have never been able to get over this devil called procrastination.

And I also realize that, I haven’t posted anything on my blog for the last few days, so I had to do something quick. I was thinking what to write about and I remembered a friend who commented on my facebook update some months back. I wrote some lines on dusk and the friend wrote what about dawn? Now, that is not a bad topic to write about when you are already behind.

Sorry for the crude attempt at poetry, I hope it gives my readers a good laugh and yes there is nothing wrong in laughing. We all need to laugh sometimes and laugh our heart out because laughter is good for health and I want readers to be healthy at all times.

Meanwhile keep well until we meet again here on the same page but at a different time!!!

Gyembo Namgyal ©
September 03, 2014





6 comments:

  1. Gyembo sir, you're really poetic. You speaks from a peasant's heart and it is really amusing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sangay sir, for reading and finding time to comment generously. I am humbled.
      Have a good day.

      Delete
  2. The time was hard yet interesting ...hope you will conquer the times ...I could see your poetic nature...kepp going Gyembo sir...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Choki sir. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like